The bursary in the amount of $500 will be given to a deserving Filipino-Canadian student to help pursue scholastic objectives.
Criteria for selection includes academic standing, financial need, community service, etc.
All applications must be submitted by 11:59pm Saturday, August 30, 2014. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Please see below for more information:
- First and Second Generation Filipino-Canadians
- Minimum 85% High School average on ALL subjects
- Must currently be enrolled in a Degree or Diploma program
- Must be on their first year (no prior University credits) at any of the following Academic Institutions:
- Assiniboine Community College
- Brandon University
- Red River College
- Saint Boniface College
- University of Manitoba
- University of Winnipeg
- Must be registered for at least 3 full courses (proof of registration required)
- Completed Application Form
- Copy of High School Transcript of Records
- Proof of registration for the 2014-2015 school year
- Selected recipient should have a return service. He/she is required to attend three volunteer activities together with the UPAA-MB, Inc. members scheduled by the SocRes committee.
All information collected will remain strictly confidential and will only be accessible to the members of the UPAA-MB Inc. Bursary Committee. This information is to be used to evaluate applicants and to select the bursary recipient.
- Download application form from www.upmb.net
- Fill out the application form
- Scan and/or save completed form as a PDF file
- Scan all other documents required for application
- All files need to be zipped and zip file name should be the applicant’s name (i.e. john doe.zip)
- Email zipped file to [email protected] with subject SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
- Read and follow instructions carefully. Failure to comply may result to disqualification.
After all applications have been evaluated, the UPAA-MB Inc. Bursary Committee will contact the successful applicant to inform him/her that he/she has been chosen to receive the bursary. With the permission of the bursary recipient, this information will also be published on the UPAA-MB Inc. website following the awarding.
The bursary will be awarded third week of September. The chosen recipient will be contacted directly regarding the details of the awarding.
All inquiries regarding the bursary and application for it can be directed to [email protected]
The University of the Philippines Alumni and Associates in Manitoba (UPAA-MB) Inc. is a non-profit organization composed of graduates, former students, and employees of the state university, currently based in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The association’s mission is to harness the creative abilities and potential of its members by initiating projects and initiatives through collaborative partnerships to raise the profile of the Filipino community and contribute to the sustainable development of Manitoba.
By Jeusa Raflores